Tuesday 22 March 2016

WHY ME?


                                                                 WHY ME ?



Last month ,I was travelling in train with my mom. Everything was perfect. I got a window seat, and sat on the direction of travel and had a perfect book to read. I always prefer a window seat , because the relative motion of the houses, buildings, trees and light posts beside the railway track gives a parallel motion of my mind towards my past and that always break my last defence and my eyes become cloudy. That is why sometimes I feel people like to get hurted.
 One hour into the journey I was thinking all those random things. Suddenly, the window shutter fell on my right hand. I was resting on the window sill .My right elbow was bleeding and there was a shooting pain through out my entire hand. Since we had around 3-4 more hours of journey we could do nothing but wait it out before going to a hospital.
That’s when I inadvertently had the thought why me? It was a week day, meaning a crowded train. Why should it be that the window shutter beside my seat had to give in?
From where I sat, I saw the people who had the window seat  :



        An aged lady, probably around 70’s , was sleeping and was resting her left arm on the window sill. I believe I would be able to bear the pain better than her.


       A man my dad’s age was reading the news paper and his elbow was on the window sill. I would gladly bear the brunt instead of my dad.


      A women in the late 20’s , with mobile in her hand was also resting her right hand on the window sill. She could either be a working   or be a house maker . Either way , there is no chance that she could take a day off from her duties due to the pain.


     Little kid where absorbed by the scene outside, that they where seated  like this -
I don’t even want to imagine what would had happened if the shutter fell on her tiny fingers!!



And then there was me. On my vacation so basically days that I get to recover from it. That’s the moment I realized that I am glad it was me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment